Homeowners Insurance Coverage

Homeowners Insurance

How does homeowners insurance work?

Insurance for your house helps cover the cost of repairing or replacing parts of it that have been damaged by certain hazards such as fire, vandalism, or storm-related damages. Most home insurance policies cover the physical structure of your house and other structures on your property, along with your personal property and liability protection. Types of perils that aren’t typically covered are earthquakes and floods. To learn more about coverage options, find a home insurance agent near you.

What does Homeowners Insurance cover?

The Structure of Your Home:

Our agents use the latest tools to help determine the coverage and policy needs of your home.

Your Personal Possessions: Most homeowners insurance policies provide coverage for your personal possessions.

Additional living expenses after a disaster: If you’re required to live away from your home for a period of time because of a covered loss, your cost of temporary living will be covered.

Liability to others:

This part of your policy covers you against lawsuits for bodily injury or property damage for which you are legally liable. It pays for both the cost of defending you in court and for any damages a court rules you must pay, up to the limit of liability. You should purchase enough liability insurance to protect your assets.

How much homeowners insurance coverage do I need?

Conducting a home inventory can help you determine the amount of coverage needed to protect your personal property. There may be limits on how much coverage is automatically provided for certain items such as jewelry, silverware, furs, and guns. Your agent will be able to advise you on making sure you are adequately covered and on how to obtain additional coverage if needed.

Whether you are renting or leasing, let us help you protect your property with a renters insurance policy that is right for you. Speak with an agent today!

Property Clause

As used in this clause, "mortgagee" includes a lender secured by deed of trust or mortgage, trustee, loss payee, secured creditor, or their successors or assigns. “Mortgagee” does not include a vendor under a land contract or lease/purchase contract or other similar instrument.

Read More

Farmowners Insurance

What does farm insurance cover?

Farm insurance is farm-specific coverages that are added to your home policy. In addition to covering your home, personal possessions, and liability, farm insurance covers livestock, barns, and farm equipment.

Why do I need farm insurance?

You will want enough coverage to insure your tools, equipment, structures, and other items you rely on to generate income when you are farming.

Does my property qualify for farm insurance?

Your agent can help determine if your property qualifies for farm insurance.

Types of farms and coverages:
  • Hobby Farms
  • Equine Farms
  • Estate Farms
  • Orchards and Vineyards
  • Grain Growers and Ranches
  • Livestock
  • Farm machinery and equipment
  • Stored farm products such as seed and grain

Renters Insurance

A renters insurance policy covers people who rent or lease where they live. While not legally required in Tennessee, it’s becoming increasingly common for landlords to require renters insurance as part of a tenant’s leasing agreement. While a landlord’s insurance policy covers the building, it won’t cover your personal belongings if they were damaged. Having a renters insurance policy can give you peace of mind as you’ll know that you're safeguarding your finances against the loss of personal belongings because of fire, smoke damage, vandalism, water damage, and more.

Commercial Property Insurance

Commercial Property Insurance covers property damage as well as liability for business-related risks such as fires, explosions, burst pipes, storms, theft, and vandalism. Knowing how much commercial property insurance coverage to get will depend on several things including the value of all your business assets, the business’ location, how the building is constructed and more. Speak to your local commercial property insurance agent today to learn more about your coverage options.